Junior Customs and Global Trade Consultant (August 2024)
Tax and Legal - Tax Adviser
Roles & Responsibilities
Nowadays, companies continue to expand their business activities worldwide. The rules and regulations for international trade are becoming stricter and more complex. In recent years we have seen retaliatory tariffs, an increase in export controls and sanctions and enhanced scrutiny by the customs authorities. KPMG helps companies to manage all these complex trade requirements.
Would you like to be part of a passionate team in a thriving business? We are looking for graduates with a strong interest in Global Trade, who have a thirst to learn more and to become experts in this field in order to join our team in Zaventem, Antwerp or Ghent.
As a Global Trade & Customs Tax Consultant you will have the opportunity to work in team on versatile projects for distinguished multinational companies. At KPMG, you will be surrounded by people who will help, guide and train you for you to become an expert and a reliable advisor. Your main responsibilities exist of:
- Providing advice to clients regarding customs and excise duties.
- Assisting clients in case of an audit or other investigation by the customs authorities.
- Negotiating tax rulings.
- Assisting clients with the determination of the correct tariff classification of imported goods and provide input regarding the validity of the customs value.
- Assisting clients with administrative requirements.
- Helping clients develop and implement an effective customs and trade management strategy.